Colonics Help with Candida & Parasites
Parasitic and fungal overgrowth are both symptoms of dysbiosis.
Did you know that our body contains more living organisms than it does cells? We are living ecosystems, with our gut microbiomes playing a key role in our overall health.
Your gut is filled with billions of little micro-organisms like parasites, candida, bacteria, and viruses. There are ‘good’ and ‘bad’ microorganisms that all work harmoniously in a balanced, healthy gut. Sometimes the balance between these critters goes out of whack and one ‘bad guy’ begins to overgrow and upset the balance and function of the whole system. This imbalance is called dysbiosis, and can include the overgrowth of:
- Candida overgrowth (candida is a yeast or fungus)
- Parasite infestations (there are many types of parasite)
- SIBO (small intestinal bacterial overgrowth)
- H-Pylori (a common bacteria that causes digestive symptoms)
The gut is the epicenter of the body, houses the majority of the immune system, and generates the majority brain’s major neurotransmitters. Because of this, dysbiosis can interrupt healthy immune function and can even have negative effects on cognition. Dysbiosis can also cause a wide variety of GI issues such as nausea, upset stomach, constipation, diarrhea, gas & bloating. These are just some of the symptoms of dysbiosis. Some others include:
- Bad breath
- Difficulty concentrating
- Chest pain
- Skin issues
- Vaginal or rectal itching
- Yeast infections
- Brain fog
- Weight gain or weight loss
- Issues with nutrient absorption
- Sugar cravings
One of the best ways to deal with this type of overgrowth is to alleviate the gut of any built-up waste that could be causing or contributing to the imbalance. This is where colonics come in!
Colon cleansing can create healthier internal habitats.
Colonics can help to gently rebalance the gut by eliminating excess mucous, yeast, parasites, and other wastes from the colon that may be causing damage and inflammation within the gut’s ecosystem.
Colon cleansing helps clear the excess waste, setting the stage for you to cultivate a healthier gut ecosystem.
Colonics help clear and reduce the symptoms of ‘die off’ during harmful organism cleanses
For more aggressive infestations of ‘bad guys’ like harmful candida or parasites, it’s most effective to use colonics in conjunction with a nutritional and herbal detox protocol. The diet and herbs will help to kill or dis-engage the bad guys. The dead or disengaged harmful organisms and their bi-products are known as die-off.
It is particularly important to cleanse your body of die-off during a harmful organism cleanse to avoid uncomfortable symptoms of detoxification and burdening of your colon and liver with the holding onto excess waste
Colon hydrotherapy is known to be one of the most efficient and effective ways of eliminating die-off from the GI tract while optimizing the colon’s own function as a major waste elimination organ.
Here are our main tips for restoring balance in the gut when you have dysbiosis:
- Cleanse the gut of any built-up/excess waste
- Take probiotics and prebiotics: probiotics encourage a healthier ratio of ‘good guys’ to ‘bad guys’, while prebiotics nourishes the probiotics, encouraging them to propagate and flourish within the gut.
- Eat health and eliminate processed foods: a whole-food-based diet provides the foundation and building blocks for a healthy gut.
- Exercise regularly: Moderate exercise increases the good guys in the gut as well as their diversity of them, which has very positive implications on not only the microbiome but overall health.
- Increase stomach acid: Stomach acid is our first line of defense against harmful critters like parasites and candida. When stomach acid is low these microorganisms pass further along into the GI tract, encouraging dysbiosis.
If a parasite or candida overgrowth is suspected- plan for a focused protocol that lasts at least 6-8 weeks. Harmful organism cleanses such as candida cleanses, parasite cleanses, and SIBO involves a nutritional plan, herbal supplementation, colon cleansing, and a maintenance program is recommended.
Our in-house nutritionists would be glad to create a protocol for you based on your specific needs.
Some people identify their issues based on symptoms alone. Some people seek testing through a naturopath or medical doctor.
H-pylori can be identified through testing with your medical doctor and is covered by OHIP.
SIBO can be identified by testing with your naturopath or nutritionist.
Parasites can be identified via stool testing such as the comprehensive GI Map test with your ND. Or other forms of stool testing with your medical doctor.
Candida can be identified through symptoms, or with the GI Map test with a Naturopathic doctor.
Remember, tests can sometimes result in false positives and false negatives so always pay attention to your symptoms, intuition, and research as well as test results when it comes to your health